:: Tuesday, April 30, 2002 ::

I've been a lazy blogger. I know that yesterday's sole link in the blog was a lame one, a link to a Daypop search of blogs and news sites about Rodney King. It was pretty tacky of me to perform a search engine data dump on these pages yesterday, thereby violating one of the supreme rules of blogging. With that sole hyperlink, I presented you with mounds of data, but no context, no framework for sorting through the information. My bad. I sowwy. As penance, I am now logged on to this site and waiting...waiting...waiting...


But seriously, lately it's occurred to me that I should ask myself the question this guy did: Why do I blog? It's a good question, and one to which I'm not certain I have an answer. Originally, the purpose was twofold: to explore the world of blogging for some articles I was writing, and to practice writing in a hyperlinked environment, since this is the direction journalism seems to be going. But my purposes for blogging seem to have morphed somewhat. Now, it seems to be more a work of performance art than anything else. Lately, as I prepare to blog, I find myself wondering: Do I feel the need to post something, even when I have nothing of worth to tell the world? Is it because I feel I have something to say, or felt I did at one time, and since I created a cyber-soapbox from which to utter forth my pronouncements, do I feel compelled to step atop it daily, even when I really don't have much to blog about? If a blog spews forth in an empty void of cyberspace, does it make a noise? Do I feel I have to include a hyperlink in every blogpost? What if I run out of cool sites to link to? Would I ever fall so far as to link to something like pop-up ads? (It's okay, you can click on that link. It won't take you to a pop-up ad -- honest! It won't!


Well, self-indulgent existential angst can only take a blogger so far in this world. (I knew I shouldn't have gone to that site.) What you really came here for was to find some cool links. So, here you go:


Slouching wider, hidden flagon. I'm more into Sara Lee than Bruce Lee, but who can resist the chance to make a movie? I know I can't. Thanks to I Know Where Bruce Lee LIves: the ultrainteractive KungFu remixer, even I can create a classic martial arts flick.


Speaking of angst... I think Aaron was getting a bit down on himself when he posted this. But the Scriptures he posted are great.


At least we aren't alone, Aaron. Now that Monday is behind us, I can bear to read these words about the first day of the week.


Dove Awards, Schmuv Awards. Last week, I posted about the Dove Awards. According to Daypop, only one other blogger cared enough to post about the awards. And they say Contemporary Christian music is overhyped. Not in blogdom, it ain't. Dove winner Michael W. Smith is mentioned in only one blog (according to Daypop), while Ozzy Osbourne, who has never won a Dove Award but has allegedly bitten the heads off of some doves, gets 10 hits. Go figure. Must be Ozzy's new MTV show.


:: Andrew 10:14 + ::
...

bloggedy blog recommends

Save the Net

bloggedy pod (my podcast page)

Independent hotels
in Missouri

Get Firefox!

null

eMusic's Power Charts: The Most Interactive Music Charts Online.

Never Mind the Bibles

In rotation

What I've been listening to lately. Click album cover or hyperlink to hear track samples and learn more.

Sermon on Exposition Boulevard Rickie Lee Jones, Sermon on Exposition Boulevard

Children Running Through Patty Griffin, Children Running Through

Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer? Of Montreal, Hissing Fauna, Are You the Destroyer?

Tones of Town Field Music, Tones of Town

The Girl Collection De Bossen, The Girl Collection

Robbers & Cowards Cold War Kids, Robbers & Cowards

Carinvore Simon Dawes, Carnivore

Until Death Comes Frida Hyvonen, Until Death Comes

Tratore Basics 2: New Brazilian Rock Tratore Basics Vol. 2, Novo Rock Brazil

Modern Times Yusuf: An Other Cup

Modern Times The Beatles: Love

Two Thousand The French Kicks: Two Thousand

Paper Television The Blow: Paper Television

Freedom Haters Unite! A Bloodshot Records Sampler, Vol. 1 Freedom Haters Unite! A Bloodshot Records Sampler

Beast Moans Swan Lake: Beast Moans

Prototypes Prototypes: Prototypes

Violence Is Golden Scanners: Violence Is Golden

Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives Voxtrot: Mothers, Sisters, Daughters & Wives

Your Biggest Fan Voxtrot: Your Biggest Fan

Translate Macon Greyson: Translate

Get Evens The Evens: Get Evens

Veruca Salt IV Veruca Salt: Veruca Salt IV

Modern Times Bob Dylan: Modern Times

Look Your Best Pink Tuscadero: Look Your Best

Blue On Blue Leigh Nash: Blue on Blue

I Am  Not Afraid Of  You And I Will Beat Your Ass Yo La Tengo: I Am Not Afraid of You and I Will Beat Your Ass

Boys and Girls in America The Hold Steady: Boys and Girls in America

The Longest Meow Bobby Bare Jr.: The Longest Meow"

Hello Love The Be Good Tanyas: Hello Love

The Lemonheads The Lemonheads: The Lemonheads

Ben Kweller Ben Kweller: Ben Kweller

We Are The Pipettes The Pipettes: We Are the Pipettes

Surprise Paul Simon: Surprise

Sev7en Exene Cervenka and the Original Sinners: Sev7en

A Hundred Highways Johnny Cash: American V: A Hundred Highways

For the Best of Us The John Doe Thing: For the Best of Us

Runaway Bombshell The Fondas: Runaway Bombshell

Flat-Pack Philosophy Buzzcocks: Flat Pack Philosophy

Citrus Asobi Seksu: Citrus

The Loon Tapes 'n Tapes: The Loon

2006 Pitchfork Music Festival Sampler Various Artists: 2006 Pitchfork Music Festival Sampler (24 free tracks)

News and Tributes The Futureheads: News and Tributes

Zoysia The Bottle Rockets: Zoysia

Let's Get Out of This Country Camera Obscura: Let's Get Out of This Country

Bang Bang Rock & Roll Art Brut: Bang Bang Rock & Roll

A Blessing and a Curse Drive By Truckers: A Blessing and a Curse

Broken Boy Soldiers The Raconteurs: Broken Boy Soldiers

The Life Pursuit Belle and Sebastian: The Life Pursuit

The Greatest Cat Power: The Greatest

bloggedy tags

from our sponsors

for your viewing pleasure

24x7
rocketboom
the Richard Show

where in the world?

Locations of visitors to this page